The Manifest Hope Gallery show ran from Aug 25-28 in Denver, CO during the Democratic National Convention. The gallery featured dozens of artist. In fact, over 1000 pieces were entered into a contest to be be displayed: “Manifest Hope, along with its online partner MoveOn.org, challenges the artistic world to engage their local communities in a significant and meaningful way, by inviting all artists to compete for a chance to present their works alongside these acclaimed and celebrated artists.”
For those who did not have a chance to attend
Over the next few days, we will feature some of the finalists and contest winners.
More about the contest
- Shepard Fairey, artist, activist
- Moby, musician, songwriter, producer, activist
- Thurston Moore, musician, artist, author
- Nancy Spector, author and Curator of Contemporary Art, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- DJ Spooky, artist, writer, musician
- Cydney Payton, Executive Director and Chief Curator, Museum of Contemporary Art, Denver
- Ross Bleckner, artist
- April Gornik, artist
- Eric Fischl, artist
- Laura Dawn, MoveOn.org Creative & Cultural Director, artist
See the art
Over the next few days we will feature some of the art on this site. For the impacient, you can view the gallery online until Sept. 15th.